Amarone della Valpolicella Classico
The term “Classico” on an Italian label refers to the old, historic, original center of a region, often with a history that traces back to Roman times. It is in these historic vineyards that often the best wines of a region are produced.
- Tasting notes: Deep opaque red with violet tinged edges. Rich, powerful bouquet with intense aromas of ripe red fruits and currant jam, dried flowers, spices, liquorice. Well-structured, very soft and velvety, supple tannins and memorable finish.
- Food pairing: Amarone is a full-bodied wine for grilled or roasted red meats, game, and strong tasty cheeses. Generally considered a wine for meditation, it is a great after-dinner wine.
- Serving temperature: 18 - 20° C
- Classification: DOCG
- Region: Veneto
- Grape varieties: Corvina Veronese, Rondinella.
- Vinification: Amarone is obtained from carefully selected grapes, dried for a period of 3-4 months in well-aired rooms. This brings an extraordinary concentration of sugars, tannins, extracts and glycerine. After that, grapes undergoes a soft pressing process and a low fermentation for over 40 days at controlled temperature with skins.
- Ageing: 3 years in traditional Slavonian oak barrels (20-50 hl)
- Alcohol: 15.5 %
- Acidity: 6 gr/l
- Residual sugar: 5.0 gr/l