“Appassimento” is the traditional Valpolicella method of partially drying grapes before fermentation. In one month the grapes lose around 30% of their water content, concentrating the juice and intensifying the wine's flavour.
- Tasting notes: Made with 100% Corvina grapes that were given a brief appassimento treatment before pressing. Brilliant dark ruby in colour, it delights the senses with a variety of aromas and flavours that include ripe black cherry, chocolate and flavours of plum that has been stewed down into a sauce. On the palate , it is full-bodied with elegant and velvety tannins. Vibrant acidity brings balance and freshness, and supports a long and harmonious finish
- Food pairing: Ideal with rich cream pasta with truffles, medium-aged cheeses or with braised meats and stews.
- Serving temperature: 14-16 ° C
- Classification: IGT
- Region: Veneto
- Grape varieties: Corvina Veronese
- Vinification: in stainless steel tanks.
- Alcohol: 13.5 %
- Acidity: 5.7 gr/l
- Residual sugar: 6.8 gr/l