The Lessini Durello DOC area is around 500 ha wide, exclusive in a hilly area between 250 and 550 m.s.l.
Durello is the name of the wine and it derives from the name Durella, that is the name of the grape. Durella in English means “tough”, “strong”, because this local grape has a very high natural level of acidity. For this reason almost 90% of this grape is used to produce a sparkling version, just to make the acidity softer. Durella grape has a very particular and distinctive bouquet (especially grapefruit, citron, tangerines) and typical mineral hints because of the volcanic origin of the soil.
- Tasting notes: Colour is pale straw yellow with greenish highlights. The mousse is fine and persistent, the aromas of green apple and white spring blossom. The palate is vibrant and fresh with notes of citrus and a savoury finish.
- Food pairing: Lessini Durello may accompany dishes throughout the meal, its acidity is a perfect contrast to many hearty foods: seafood starters, soups, egg dishes, shellfish, seafood and white meat. Very good as aperitif. The perfect match is with the "Baccalà alla Vicentina", the traditional dish of our land.
- Serving temperature: 4-6° C
- Classification: DOC
- Region: Veneto
- Grape varieties: Durella, Chardonnay
- Vinification: Charmat method in stainless steel tanks.
- Pressure: 4.0-5.0 bar
- Alcohol: 12 %
- Acidity: 5.6 gr/l
- Residual sugar: 8/10 gr/l